Careers at Nitido
The world-class Engineering team at Nitido pride themselves on building the most scalable and efficient
applications and platforms for consumer-centric experiences.
Can you imagine 20 million consumers using an application you wrote?
Nitido is hiring engineers to bring our Web and wireless products to the next level. We are looking for
people with experience and determination to build the next generation of consumer services on Nitido's
web and mobile platforms.
Join a talented, spirited and dedicated team that respects technical know-how and embraces diversity.
- BS/MS/PhD. in CS or equivalent.
- Extensive experience programming in C/C++ and Java.
- Development experience with carrier class infrastructures
- Experience in J2EE environments (Sun Java EE, BEA Weblogics, IBM Websphere,)
- Experience in J2ME/Symbian/BREW/Windows Mobile/PalmOS and other mobile environments/languages
Hosted SaaS Senior Web Application Architect
Nitido Inc's hosted SAAS operations currently support clients in Latin America and has planned future expansions into North American, European and Asian markets. The service operates in Latin America and is managed at our headquarters in Toronto, Canada.
In this full time position, the applicant must possess solid communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Strong knowledge of hosted SAAS environments and application architecture are essential. The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Business Operations Manager for Hosted SaaS and a team of other developers in the development and maintenance of the company's proprietary applications and SaaS offerings. The ability to manage multiple project demands from various teams in the organization will be a necessity. The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for working in conjunction with other application development and business groups to understand new application scope, features and functionality.
- Develop and implement software applications with a focus on web-based applications (including online databases, web services, etc).
- Design and implement new features to existing applications to extend functionality and to improve usability.
- Provide leadership and technical support to internal personnel to ensure they are able to work with the technology tools that support their business functions
- Provide timely support and resolution to problems reported by clients.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A university degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or other discipline related to the service is required.
- Strong background and interest in web development technologies.
- 5+ years of experience as manager in business operations is required.
- Ability to effectively develop software applications, including appropriate requirements gathering and development documentation.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Team player, yet able to work with little supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and client service.
- Goal oriented; able to follow through on assigned projects to completion.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience working in a diverse environment is an asset.
- Comfortable in a performance based, results driven environment with frequently changing priorities.
Interested parties should contact us for employment inquiries.